Hi!
So today in school we had a citizenship day about democracy and animal rights (For those of you who don't know what a citizenship day is, it is basically a full day of learning pointless stuff and "widening our understanding of the world around us").
Each class had to present a persuasive argument for either being fully in favour of animal testing, only in favour of animal testing for medicine or completely against animal testing. My class got only in favour of animal testing for medicine. We named our group the Purple Orange Majorly Awesome Giant Huge Massive Medicine Manipulators (don't ask!). We thought it was going to be so boring, but the presentation turned out to be the complete opposite!
Firstly, Harrison was our group leader so he had to give a speech about our views on animal testing for medicine. He wrote this grand, dramatic speech that sounded like it was made by the King. This is where we got the idea to make our presentation funny, so people would vote for us. Jasmine and Harriet used eye liner and drew glasses, a moustache and a mono-brow on Harrison and he was to read the speech out in a funny posh accent. Then, Hannah and I stuck loads of pieces of paper together to make a giant sheet for Harrison to burst through in the Assembly.
In the assembly, Harrison- behind the large sheet of paper- shouted "Introducing...MR FIGGLEHORN!" in his funny accent and burst through the paper. Taryn and I were in stitches from that moment on and couldn't stop. I think we were laughing more than anyone else in the hall! Needless to say, all our hard work was totally worth it since we won the "election"!
Then, we had this old teacher called Mr Owens who was debating Chloe,Taryn, Hannah, Jasmine and I because we said we had no intentions in voting in the future. He went on and on about how women fought for the right to vote years ago and we would be abusing this right by not voting. Yes we have the right to vote, but we do not have to use this right. We all said that we thought all politicians are lying frauds and to vote would be a waste of time.
Next, we had to do a vote about animal rights and Mr Owens said that if we didn't want to vote, we could deface the paper. BIG MISTAKE! We all scribbled and drew smiley faces and animals.
Chloe kept making little people out of bluetac too and she is very talented at it!
Today wasn't too bad I guess, but at least I got to spend it with my friends!
I need to go because I am so tired, I feel like a zombie!
Bye! X x x
Woo Hoo! I'm talented at making bluetac people!! xxxxx
ReplyDeleteIncredibly talented, Chloe! xxxxx
Delete